On Friday it was Greek Theme Day! The Classics Department organised a wide range of events including:
- Art adopted a Greek cross-curricular theme – they sketched and studied Greek vase patterns and then created their own using papier-mâché.
- A delicious Greek lunch was prepared for staff and boys.
- At lunch time on Friday there were various activities going on in the Library for different Year groups.
- In Maths classes the senior boys looked at and revisited Pythagoras’ theorem in preparation for the Year 7 and 8 Pythagoras challenge in the Library.
- There was a very popular trail challenge around the school, with a raffle and prize for the winners.
- Year 5 have been studying Spartacus in Classics, learning about this Thracian gladiator-slave who rebelled against the Romans.