The Learning Enrichment Department (LE) at Shrewsbury House believes in working closely with staff and parents to identify, advise and provide reasonable adjustment and support for all pupils with:
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- More Able, Gifted and Talented (M, A, G and T)
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
Our Learning Enrichment Co-Ordinator (LEC), Mrs S Holmes, together with our part-time Learning Enrichment Teacher (LET), look at exam access arrangements, individual Educational Plans and resources to support those pupils who may require additional support. Registers are reviewed and monitored regularly in Learning Enrichment.
When required, we aim to support each boy’s studies through a range of strategies, including:
- identifying any pupils who may not be accessing the curriculum appropriately and then investigate the appropriate support;
- including reading support, where appropriate, especially in relation to reading ages or cognitive assessment scores which could indicate there could be some need for support;
- handwriting and word-processing/touch-typing clubs;
- in-class group support and targeted one-to-one or small-group support;
- liaising with Educational Psychologists and/or specialists, to enhance our provision and support.