The Learning Enrichment Department (LE) at Shrewsbury House believes in working closely with staff and parents to identify, advise and provide reasonable adjustment and support for all pupils with:
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- More Able, Gifted and Talented (M, A, G and T)
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
Our Learning Enrichment Co-Ordinator and Learning Enrichment Teachers work with staff and parents to support individuals across the curriculum. Having an open dialogue with boys and their families enables us to work together to provide targeted support when it is needed.
When required, we aim to support each boy’s studies through a range of strategies, including:
- identifying any pupils who may not be accessing the curriculum fully and then investigate the appropriate support;
- providing reading support, where appropriate, to enable boys to access all curriculum areas;
- supporting pupils where English is an additional language
- handwriting and word-processing/touch-typing clubs;
- in-class group support and targeted one-to-one or small-group support;
- liaising with Educational Psychologists and/or specialists, to enhance our provision and support.